6 reasons to visit Viljandi County:
- OLUSTVERE – the most perfectly preserved manor complex in Estonia with various studios and workshops offering activities for visitors of any age.
- VILJANDI – a beautiful small town by Lake Viljandi in a spacious valley. The special cultural atmosphere and quiet, romantic streets are accentuated by huge red concrete strawberries. Time changes its meaning here.
- VILJANDI FOLK MUSIC FESTIVAL – a folk music event of global fame.
- SOOMAA NATIONAL PARK – a place where floods are not regarded as a national catastrophe but as „the fifth season“ - an ancient rhythm of the nature resulting in a special culture featuring dugout canoes and bridges.
- LAKE VÕRTSJÄRV – the largest domestic body of water in Estonia which offers visitors both sights of natural beauty and fun activities.
- THE MULGI REGION – a historic flax cultivation area which is to this day known for its authentic Mulgi dialect, the traditional black Mulgi longcoat and a special food culture.