SA Viljandimaa Arenduskeskus is the data controller of your personal data.
Company reg. no: 90013785
Phone no: 4330591
We collect and process information in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which entered into force on 25.05.2018.
Collection and use of data
Which data do we collect?
The information we collect includes both the information you knowingly and actively provide to us when using or participating in our services or promotions, and any information your devices send to us when accessing our products and services.
The information we collect includes information that you have knowingly shared with us when using our services or promotions as well as information that your devices automatically transmit to us.
We may receive your personal data through the following means:
- When you contact us by phone, email or online chat.
- When you browse the website https://visitviljandi.ee/
- When you comment, like or share a post on our social media account
- When you subscribe to our newsletter
- When you comment on posts on our website
Types of data collected
We will only ask you to provide personal information when it is necessary to provide a service to you. By contacting us or visiting our website, you may share the following information with us:
- Name and surname
- Email address
- Phone number
- The history of the communication between you and us
- Information about your web browser and IP address
Our website https://visitviljandi.ee/ stores log files about our visitors. The information collected may include:
- Type of device used
- Internet Protocol (IP) address
- Browser type
- Internet Service Provider (ISP)
- Date and time of visit to the website
- Referring / exit pages, number of clicks on the website
The information in log files is used to analyse trends, monitor site usage, administer the site, track visitor activity and gather demographic information. The information received is not intended to, nor does it allow the identification of individuals.
Like most websites, https://visitviljandi.ee/ uses ‘cookies’. A cookie is a small text file stored on the user’s device when they visit a website. Cookies are used to set and store preferences, regional settings, service usage options, etc.
If you wish, you can disable cookies via your browser settings; however, some website functionality may not work as expected.
Cookies are divided into persistent and session cookies. Persistent cookies remain stored on your PC or mobile device even after you close your browser or shut down your device. Session cookies, however, are deleted as soon as the browser is closed.
Cookies are divided according to their purpose:
Essential cookies. Session cookies enable you to use the services offered on our website. These cookies help to authenticate users and prevent malicious access to user accounts. Without these cookies, we will not be able to provide you the service you have requested.
Functionality cookies. These cookies allow your browser to remember choices you make when using a website, such as storing your login details or language preferences. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personalised experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences every time you use the website.
How are the data used?
We may use the information collected for various purposes, including:
- to maintain, administer, develop, personalise and expand our website;
- to collect statistics to enable us to provide better services and/or offers and to understand and analyse the behaviour of visitors to our website;
- to identify you by phone, text message or email;
- to provide you with information and ask for feedback on our services;
- to prevent fraud and protect our website;
- to enable us to stay in touch with you through your social media account;
- to enable the retrieval of chat history to speed up the provision of relevant advice;
- to improve the quality of our service and provide more efficient browsing solutions;
- to develop new products, services or improve their functionality;
- to facilitate and speed up interactions when you contact us;
- for other purposes, such as to analyse data, study trends, evaluate the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns.
When we may share personal information?
- We may share your information with our business partners to provide specific products, services or promotions to you.
- With your consent, we may disclose your personal information for any other purpose.
- We are legally obliged to disclose your personal data if required to do so by law. We may also disclose your information in good faith to comply with a legal obligation, protect our rights or property, prevent or detect potential breaches of the law related to your use of our service, and to ensure the security of our service users.
Keeping your personal data
SA Viljandimaa Arenduskeskus also keeps log files for internal analysis. Log files are usually stored for a shorter time period, unless the data are used to enhance security or improve the functionality of our service, or unless we are required by law to store the data for a longer period.
Processing of children’s data
None of our products or services are intended for children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect information about children under the age of 13. If we suspect that we are processing information about a person under the age of 13, we will remove that person from all our databases.
Your data protection rights
Even if you have previously consented to us sharing your personal information for marketing purposes, you have the right to change your mind at any time. You have the right at any time not to interact with us and to request that we remove your data from our databases. From time to time, we may also ask for information about you to confirm your identity. If you believe that any information we have collected about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us by email: email@example.com or by telephone: 4330591. We will do everything in our power to correct inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or outdated information.
If you believe that we have breached the relevant data protection law and you wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the contact details provided in this document and provide us with full details of the breach. We will investigate your complaint promptly and respond to you in writing, setting out the results of our investigation and the steps we will take to resolve your complaint. You also have the right to contact a regulatory authority or the data protection authority.
Data protection rights under GDPR
We want to be certain that you are aware of all your data protection rights. Each user of the website has the following rights:
- The right to access: you have the right to access and request a copy of your personal data.
- The right to rectification: you have a right to request that we correct any of your personal information that you believe is incorrect. You also have the right to ask us to complete information that you believe is incomplete.
- Right of erasure: under certain conditions, you have the right to request the deletion of your personal data.
- Right to restriction of processing: under certain conditions, you have the right to request the restriction of the use of your personal data.
- Right to object to the use of your personal data: under certain conditions, you have the right to object to the use of your personal data.
- Right to data portability: under certain conditions, you have the right to request that we transfer the data we collect to a third party or directly to you.
Security of your personal data
The security of your personal information is important to us; however, please keep in mind that no method of exchanging information over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its complete security.
Links to other websites
We have no control over third party sites and accept no responsibility for their content, privacy policies, the services they provide or any other matters.
Last updated 29/04/2022